Last week was Bread Week. The talented bakers rose to the challenge and created some fantastic flavours, designs and show stopping bakes.
Here, you will find a family recipe from one of our team. This bread is soft and light and is simple to make – such a treat.
300 ml water
500g fine bread flour
1 x easy bake yeast sachet
1 x tsp salt
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Create a well in the centre of your flour mix
- Slowly add the water and mix with a spatula until combined. Add more water if there are any dry spots remaining.
- Turn your dough out onto a floured work top
- Knead well, place back into bowl, cover with clingfilm and allow to prove for approx 2 hours or until doubled in size
- After this time, tip the dough onto the floured worktop, punch out the air and start kneading
- Here are some great tips on how long to knead your dough for. You are looking for a smooth dough that holds its shape well. This kneading process can take over 10 minutes
- Shape your loaf and place your dough onto a buttered tray. Cover with greased clingfilm and leave to prove for another hour
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees/Gas Mark 8
- Bake the bread on the middle shelf of your oven for 25 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 200 degrees/Gas Mark 6 and bake for a further 15 minutes
- After this time, remove from the oven and tap the bottom of the loaf. If it sounds hollow it’s cooked. If not, return to the oven and repeat test after 5 minutes
So that’s it. Dunk into olive oil, toast or use for sandwiches. We hope you enjoy this recipe.